Saturday, June 6, 2009

"CALI Graphics", not Calligraphy

Got this e-mail, and was about to delete it when I realized it wasn't spam:
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 14:46:24 +0530
From: Pankaj PXXXXXX
To: bhuddle@loyno.edu
Subject: About CALI 2004

Hi,

As I seen your site on Web, My Daughter very much interested on
Calligraphic, she has done one month crease course as well,

I am very glade, as If you can send me some guide line, which will help
her in same.

thanks a ton.

Pankaj PXXXXX
XXX - Information Technology
Information Technology
XXXXXX & XXXX, Mumbai
Office: +91-22-4434 XXXX
Fax: +91-22-4434 XXXX
Cell: +91-98201XXXX
E-mail: pankaj.pXXXXXX@XXXXX.com

I think the language barrier was why he thought my page about the 2004 presentation I did on "CALI Graphics: Tips and Tricks":
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

(which just says to contact me for the handout - forgot I still had it up) was about calligraphy. He e-mailed me back when I explained that my handwriting sucked and I wouldn't be much help with his daughter's calligraphy:
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 22:32:43 +0530
From: Pankaj PXXXXX
To: bhuddle@loyno.edu
Subject: Re: About CALI 2004

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your reply, Yes you are right I have confuse.

Pankaj PXXXXXX
E-mail: pankaj.pXXXXXX@XXXXXX.com
The presentation itself is archived online (Windows streaming video). Forever, apparently. Long after all CALI conference presenters are gone, our archived video presentations will still be on-line.

No comments: